https://purebulkfoods.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Chocolate-Chickpea-Flour-Cookies.jpeg 1797 1200 hayley https://purebulkfoods.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/pure-bulk-foods.png hayley2021-03-29 13:52:522021-03-29 14:33:34Double Choc Chickpea Flour Cookies
PREP TIME 5 minutes
COOK TIME 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME 15 minutes
- 110 grams (3/4 cup) besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bi carb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (or 1 teaspoon extract)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup or honey
- 1 large egg
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao, bi carb soda, vanilla, and salt.
- In another dish, whisk the coconut oil and maple syrup, then add the egg and whisk again until fully combined.
- Stir the coconut oil mixture into the flour mixture, mixing until no streaks of flour remains. Stir in the chocolate to evenly incorporate.
- Scoop the dough, around 2 tablespoons per cookie, onto the baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with your palm (wet your hands to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are cracked and the edges are just firmed. Don’t over-bake – they will become dry and cakey.
- Cool the cookies for ten minutes on the pan before removing and cooling completely on a rack. They’ll keep in an airtight container for at least three days and freeze well.
Recipe and Photo by Occasionally Eggs